While it may take time to fully restore normalcy, there are several steps you can take to regain a sense of stability and move forward. Part IV of Navigating Natural Disasters: From Preparation to Recovery explores how.
Establish a daily routine:
- Stick to a regular schedule for activities and be mindful of pacing yourself and allow time for rest and self-care.
Develop a plan for recovery:
- Create a comprehensive plan for work, personal life, and home recovery.
- Collaborate on finding solutions and share resources to help each other move forward.
Consider professional counseling:
- Disasters can have a profound impact on mental health and emotional well-being.
- Consider seeking professional counseling for yourself and your family to address the emotional challenges.
Engage with your community:
- Despite feeling overwhelmed, staying involved in community activities can offer hope and support to both you and your neighbors.
- Look for volunteer opportunities at emergency shelters, building sites, and aid tents to contribute to the recovery efforts.
Returning to a sense of normalcy after a disaster is a gradual process. By establishing routines, making plans, seeking counseling support, and actively engaging with the community, you can take important steps toward recovery.
For educational purposes only. If we are your mortgage servicer, please contact us for specific guidance.